Terrapin Express is a debit account accepted at over thirty participating locations across campus on campus.
Students, faculty, staff, and university affiliates can access products and services on campus without carrying cash or an additional card.
If your UMD ID number is in the system then you can open a Terrapin Express account.
- Open an account using Terrapin Express Online Services and your UMD ID number.
- Add funds at any time using a valid credit card. There is no service fee.
- Terrapin Express funds are available immediately.
- Access funds using your UMD ID card.
Terrapin Express automatically carries over to each new semester, term, or academic year.
Terrapin Express can be increased at any time – on line, by mail, by phone, or in person at the Terrapin Express Office.
Three ways to activate your Terrapin Express account or add funds:
- Make a credit card deposit by accessing Terrapin Express online at https://dsonline2.umd.edu/terrapinexpress/
- Stop by the Terrapin Express Office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. with a check, cash or credit card
Three ways to check your balance:
- Online at Terrapin Express online.
- Call the Terrapin Express Office at 301-314-8068.
- Ask any cashier for your balance or for a receipt.
- Terrapin Express is not accepted anywhere off-campus.
- Cannot be billed through a Student Account. Paid for at the time of purchase.
- Not a substitute for a resident dining plan.
- Request a refund or cancellation in person or in writing to the Terrapin Express Office.
- Refunds are mailed from the Bursar’s Office to the student’s permanent address.
- Processing time is four weeks.