Student Employment Opportunities
Dining Services offers two employment options to students: Federal Work Study, and regular student employment.
- Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally subsidized program through which graduate and undergraduate students earn an FWS award by working with approved employers. To be considered for FWS, students must meet Office of Student Financial Aid criteria. For more information about FWS, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 301-314-9000.
- Regular Student Employment — Dining Services offers flexible hours, excellent pay, opportunities for advancement, and a free meal for every four-hour shift! For more information or to apply for Student Employment, call 301-314-8058 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to work?
- Locations: The Diner (Ellicott) South Campus Dining Hall 251 North
- Perks: Hours available every day, early and late. Work close to your room
- Roles: Serving, patio, cooking, dishwashing, dining room, greeter
- Locations: Good Tidings Catering
- Perks: Pick your own schedule by signing up for events on campus
- Roles: Waitstaff, bartender, utility, driver
- Locations: Chick fil-A, Sbarro, Maryland Dairy, Subway, The Coffee Bar
- Perks: Work for a national brand-name favorite in the heart of campus
- Roles: Cashier, cook, utility.
- Locations: Maryland Terrapin Athletic Events
- Perks: Work sports events and cheer for the Terps!
- Roles: Cashier, cook, runner, driver
Student Engagement Team
Work with the team to market messages and initiatives that include sustainability, culinary programming, value, variety and customer service using social media! Commitment of about 10 hours/week during the semester. Review social media mentions, post daily on social media, create and design social media posts, promote sustainability initiatives — interact with staff, students, and faculty, relay feedback from students to dining hall managers to improve the Maryland Dining experience
How to Apply for Employment
- Check out DS student job descriptions and find a job that appeals to you.
- Go to the dining location where you’d like to work and fill out an application, or
- Download the pdf: DS Student Application.
- Interested in the Student Leader position? Fill this form.
- Email the completed application the manager in charge of the location where you wish to work or to email@example.com