Student Employment Opportunities
Dining Services offers two employment options to students: Federal Work Study, and regular student employment.
- Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally subsidized program through which graduate and undergraduate students earn an FWS award by working with approved employers. To be considered for FWS, students must meet Office of Student Financial Aid criteria. For more information about FWS, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 301-314-9000.
- Regular Student Employment — Dining Services offers flexible hours, excellent pay, opportunities for advancement, and a free meal for every four-hour shift! For more information or to apply for Student Employment, call 301-314-8058 or email email@example.com
Where to work?
- Locations: Yahentamitsi, South Campus Dining Hall, 251 North
- Perks: Hours available every day, early and late. Work close to your room
- Roles: Serving, patio, cooking, dishwashing, dining room, greeter
- Locations: Good Tidings Catering
- Perks: Pick your own schedule by signing up for events on campus
- Roles: Waitstaff, bartender, utility, driver
- Locations: Chick fil-A, Union Pizza, Maryland Dairy, Subway, The Coffee Bar
- Perks: Work for a national brand-name favorite in the heart of campus
- Roles: Cashier, cook, utility.
- Locations: Maryland Terrapin Athletic Events
- Perks: Work sports events and cheer for the Terps!
- Roles: Cashier, cook, runner, driver
How to Apply for Employment
- Check out DS student job descriptions and find a job that appeals to you.
- Go to the dining location where you’d like to work and fill out an application, or
- Download the pdf: DS Student Application.
- Interested in the Student Leader position? Fill this form.
- Email the completed application the manager in charge of the location where you wish to work or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in working for Dining Services, but not sure where?
Dining Services also offers scholarships to outstanding Student Employees:
- The Emma Powers Award rewards the outstanding student employee of the year. [application here]
- The Chris Carey Award recognizes a student employee who has demonstrated excellent or exceptional customer service to others in the campus community. [application here]
- The Patricia S. Higgins award honors our former director, who cared deeply about student employees. This scholarship is for a Dining Services employee or the dependent of a UMD DS employee attending the University of Maryland, College Park. [application here]