What It Is
Terrapin Express is a pre-paid debit account that can be used at participating locations across campus. It’s a convenient way for students, faculty, staff, and university affiliates to access products and services across campus without carrying cash. Forty-seven locations on campus accept Terrapin Express. All you need is your university ID card! Once your ID is in the system and your card is operating, you can activate your Terrapin Express account.
How It Works
- Terrapin Express is paid in advance and may not be placed on a Student Account.
- Terrapin Express is accepted by most on-campus businesses. Terrapin Express points are not dedicated to Dining Services and are not available off-campus.
- Terrapin Express funds do not expire. Requests for refunds or cancellation must be made in person or in writing to the Terrapin Express Office. Processing time for a refund is a minimum of four weeks. Refunds are mailed from the Bursar’s Office to the student’s permanent address.
- Terrapin Express can be increased at any time and by any amount. It can be increased on line, by mail, by phone, or in person at our Terrapin Express Office.
- Terrapin Express account balances automatically carry over to each new semester, term, or academic year.
- Compare Terrapin Express to the Apartment Dining Plan
Activate or Add Money
To activate your Terrapin Express account or add funds:
- Stop by the Terrapin Express Office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Download and print the Add Money Form and mail or fax to the Terrapin Express Office.
- Deposit via an online credit card transaction using Testudo. Follow the instructions carefully to ensure that the deposit is posted to your account immediately. The last confirmation step activates the funds in your account.
- After your account has been activated, you can make a credit card deposit by calling the Terrapin Express Office or by accessing Terrapin Express online.
Check Your Balance
There are four ways to check your balance:
- Online at Terrapin Express online.
- Online at Testudo.
- Call the Terrapin Express Office at 301-314-8068.
- Ask any cashier for your balance or for a receipt.
Report a Lost Card
To report a lost or stolen card:
- Immediately notify the Dining Services Office:
- Use Online Services to deactivate your card, or
- Call 301-314-8064, or
- Visit the us at 1109 South Campus Building, Mezzanine Level.
- We will freeze your purchasing accounts. This does not affect other functions of the card. Be sure to disable those separately.
- The University assumes no responsibility for charges to your account prior to your notifying us.
- To get a replacement ID card, go to the Mitchell Building during regular business hours.
Compare With the Apartment Dining Plan
|Terrapin Express||Apartment Dining Plan|
|Ways of Adding Funds||Add funds online, by mail, fax, phone, in person||Open account and add funds online|
|Adding Fund Amounts||Add funds in any amount||Sign up at one of four levels|
|Payment||Payment required before points are added to the account. Billing is not available||Billed through the Student Account: use Terp Payment Plan, Financial Aid|
|Point Expiration||Points do not expire||Points carry from Fall to Spring
and expire on May 31
|Tax Exempt||Yes (most locations)||Yes|
|Bill Through Student Account||No||Yes|
|Use Terp Payment Plan||No||Yes|
|Start and End Dates||No||Yes|
|Application Fee per Deposit||No||Yes|
Still have questions? Let us help!
Terrapin Express Office
1109 South Campus Building, Mezzanine Level