Terrapin Express is a pre-paid debit account that can be used at participating locations across campus including the University Book center and University Health center. It’s a convenient way for students, faculty, staff, and university affiliates to access products and services on campus without carrying cash. Over fifty locations on campus accept Terrapin Express. All you need is your UMD ID card! Once your UMD ID number is in the system and you have your card, you can activate a Terrapin Express account.
How It Works
Procedures and restrictions
- Terrapin Express is accepted by most on-campus businesses. Terrapin Express is not accepted anywhere off-campus.
- Terrapin Express is paid for at the time of purchase and cannot be billed through a Student Account.
- Terrapin Express is not a substitute for a resident dining plan.
- Terrapin Express funds do not expire. account balances automatically carry over to each new semester, term and academic year.
- Terrapin Express can be increased at any time and by any amount. It can be increased on line, by mail, by phone, or in person at our Terrapin Express Office.
- Request a refund or cancellation in person or in writing to the Terrapin Express Office. Refunds are mailed from the Bursar’s Office to the student’s permanent address. Processing time is a minimum of four weeks.
Activate or Add Money
To activate your Terrapin Express account or add funds:
- Stop by the Terrapin Express Office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Download and print the Add Money Form and mail or fax to the Terrapin Express Office.
- Deposit via an online credit card transaction using Testudo. Follow the instructions carefully to ensure that the deposit is posted to your account immediately. The last confirmation step activates the funds in your account.
- After your account has been activated, you can make a credit card deposit by calling the Terrapin Express Office or by accessing Terrapin Express online.
Check Your Balance
There are four ways to check your balance:
- Online at Terrapin Express online.
- Online at Testudo.
- Call the Terrapin Express Office at 301-314-8068.
- Ask any cashier for your balance or for a receipt.
Report a Lost Card
To report a lost or stolen card:
- Immediately notify the Dining Services Office:
- Use Online Services to deactivate your card, or
- Visit us at 1109 South Campus Building, Mezzanine Level.
- We will freeze your purchasing accounts. This does not affect other functions of the card. Be sure to disable those separately.
- The University assumes no responsibility for charges to your account prior to your notifying us.
- To get a replacement ID card, go to the Mitchell Building during regular business hours.
Still have questions? We have answers!
Terrapin Express Office
1109 South Campus Building, Mezzanine Level