What is Terrapin Express?
Terrapin Express is a debit account accepted at over fifty participating locations across campus on campus
Students, faculty, staff, and university affiliates can access products and services on campus without carrying cash or an additional card.
If your UMD ID number is in the system then you can open a Terrapin Express account.
How does Terrapin Express work?
- Open an account using Terrapin Express Online Services and your UMD ID number.
- Add funds at any time using a valid credit card. There is no service fee.
- Terrapin Express Points are available immediately.
- Access points using your UMD ID card.
Terrapin Express automatically carries over to each new semester, term, or academic year.
Terrapin Express can be increased at any time – on line, by mail, by phone, or in person at the Terrapin Express Office.
How do I open or add to a Terrapin Express account?
Four ways to activate your Terrapin Express account or add funds:
- Make a credit card deposit by accessing Terrapin Express online.
- Make a credit card deposit through Testudo.
Follow the instructions carefully to ensure that the deposit is posted to your account immediately.
The last confirmation step activates the funds in your account.
- Call the Terrapin Express Office at 301-314-8068, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. to make a credit card deposit.
- Stop by the Terrapin Express Office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. with a check, cash or credit card
What’s my balance?
Four ways to check your balance:
- Online at Terrapin Express online.
- Online at Testudo.
- Call the Terrapin Express Office at 301-314-8068.
- Ask any cashier for your balance or for a receipt.
- Terrapin Express is not accepted anywhere off-campus. Accepted by most on-campus businesses.
- Cannot be billed through a Student Account. Paid for at the time of purchase.
- Not a substitute for a resident dining plan.
- Request a refund or cancellation in person or in writing to the Terrapin Express Office.
- Refunds are mailed from the Bursar’s Office to the student’s permanent address.
- Processing time is four weeks.
How do I report a lost UMD ID card?
Two ways to report a lost or stolen card:
- Use Online Services to deactivate your card, or
- Visit us at the Terrapin Express Office, 1109 South Campus Building, Mezzanine Level.
- We will freeze your purchasing accounts. This does not affect other functions of the card. Be sure to disable those separately.
- The University assumes no responsibility for charges to your account prior to your notifying us.
- To get a replacement ID card, go to the Mitchell Building during regular business hours
Still have questions? We have answers!
Terrapin Express Office
1109 South Campus Building, Mezzanine Level