What is Terrapin Express
Terrapin Express is a debit account that can be used at participating locations across campus including the University Book center and University Health center. Over fifty locations on campus accept Terrapin Express.
It’s a convenient way for students, faculty, staff, and university affiliates to access products and services on campus without carrying cash or a second ID card. If your UMD ID number is in the system and you have an UMD ID card, you can activate a Terrapin Express account.
How Terrapin Express Works
- Create your account online using Dining Services Online Services and your UMD ID number.
- Add funds using a valid credit card.
- Once your account is populated, points are available immediately. There is no service fee.
- Access points using your UMD ID card.
Terrapin Express automatically carries over to each new semester, term, or academic year.
Terrapin Express can be increased at any time and by any amount – on line, by mail, by phone, or in person at the Terrapin Express Office.
How to open or add to a Terrapin Express account
Four ways to activate your Terrapin Express account or add funds:
- Stop by the Terrapin Express Office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Download and print the Add Money Form and mail or fax to the Terrapin Express Office.
- Deposit via an online credit card transaction using Testudo. Follow the instructions carefully to ensure that the deposit is posted to your account immediately. The last confirmation step activates the funds in your account.
- Make a credit card deposit by calling the Terrapin Express Office or by accessing Terrapin Express online.
Check Your Balance
Four ways to check your balance:
- Online at Terrapin Express online.
- Online at Testudo.
- Call the Terrapin Express Office at 301-314-8068.
- Ask any cashier for your balance or for a receipt.
Report a Lost Card
Two ways to report a lost or stolen card:
- Use Online Services to deactivate your card, or
- Visit us at 1109 South Campus Building, Mezzanine Level.
- We will freeze your purchasing accounts. This does not affect other functions of the card. Be sure to disable those separately.
- The University assumes no responsibility for charges to your account prior to your notifying us.
- To get a replacement ID card, go to the Mitchell Building during regular business hours
- Terrapin Express is not accepted anywhere off-campus. Accepted by most on-campus businesses.
- Cannot be billed through a Student Account. Paid for at the time of purchase.
- Not a substitute for a resident dining plan.
- Request a refund or cancellation in person or in writing to the Terrapin Express Office.
- Refunds are mailed from the Bursar’s Office to the student’s permanent address.
- Processing time is a minimum of four weeks.
Still have questions? We have answers!
Terrapin Express Office
1109 South Campus Building, Mezzanine Level