Student Employment Opportunities
Dining Services offers two employment options to students:
- Federal Work Study (FWS)
A federally subsidized program through which graduate and undergraduate students earn an FWS award by working with approved employers. To be considered for FWS, students must meet Office of Student Financial Aid criteria. For more information about FWS, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 301.314.9000.
- Regular Student Employment
Dining Services offers flexible hours, excellent pay, opportunities for advancement, and a free meal for every four-hour shift! For more information or to apply for Student Employment, call 301.314.8058 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dining Services offers scholarships to outstanding Student Employees:
- Patricia S. Higgins Scholarship assists a student employee or a student who is a dependent of a department employee. Download the application here.
- Emma Powers Award rewards the outstanding student employee of the year. Download the application here.
- Chris Carey Award recognizes a student employee who has demonstrated excellent or exceptional customer service to others in the campus community. Download the application here.
- University of Maryland Division of Student Affairs Student Employee Scholarship
How to Apply for Employment
Do you already know where you’d like to work for Dining Services? Great!
- Go to the dining location where you’d like to work and fill out an application.
- Download the application here: DS Student Application.
- Email the completed application to the manager in charge of the location where you wish to work or to email@example.com.
Interested in working for Dining Services, but not sure where?
You can either browse our website to see which location(s) may be the most convenient to where you live or check out DS student job descriptions and find a job that appeals to you.