Great Pay, No Commute !
Where to work?
The Diner (Ellicott) South Campus Dining Hall 251 North
Hours available every day, early and late. Work close to your room,
Serving, patio, cooking, dishwashing, dining room, greeter
Good Tidings Catering
Pick your own schedule by signing up for events on campus
Waitstaff, bartender, utility, driver
Stamp Food Court
Chick fil-A, Sbarro, Maryland Dairy, Subway, The Coffee Bar
Work for a national brand-name favorite in the heart of campus
Cashier, cook, utility.
Maryland Terrapin Athletic Events
Work sports events and cheer for the Terps!
Cashier, cook, runner, driver
Cafes and Convenience Shops
Nine cafes in academic buildings, Four convenience shops
Cashier, Stock, utility
Student Engagement Team
Work with the team to market messages and initiatives that include sustainability, culinary programming, value, variety and customer service using social media! Commitment of about 10 hours/week during the semester. Review social media mentions, post daily on social media, create and design social media posts, promote sustainability initiatives — interact with staff, students, and faculty, relay feedback from students to dining hall managers to improve the Maryland Dining experience
How to Apply for Employment
- Download the application here: DS Student Application.
- Email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DS student job descriptions and find a job that appeals to you.
Dining Services offers two employment options to students:
- Student Employment
Dining Services offers flexible hours, excellent pay, opportunities for advancement, and a free meal for every four-hour shift! For more information or to apply for Student Employment, call 301.314.8058 or email email@example.com
- Federal Work Study (FWS) Employment
A federally subsidized program through which graduate and undergraduate students earn an FWS award by working with approved employers. To be considered for FWS, students must meet Office of Student Financial Aid criteria. For more information about FWS, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 301.314.9000.
Dining Services offers scholarships to outstanding Student Employees:
- Patricia S. Higgins Scholarship assists a student employee or a student who is a dependent of a department employee. Download the application here.
- Emma Powers Award rewards the outstanding student employee of the year. Download the application here.
- Chris Carey Award recognizes a student employee who has demonstrated excellent or exceptional customer service to others in the campus community. Download the application here.
- University of Maryland Division of Student Affairs Student Employee Scholarship
What ID do you need to show us before you start?
WE do need certain forms of ID before we can enter you into the system. Here’s a list of List of acceptable documents.
Please have them ready when you submit your application.
Note that there are different requirements for F1 visa holders.