Are you passionate about composting? Waste reduction? Local and sustainable food? Gardening? Conservation? Urban agriculture? Working with your fellow UMD students? Then, we are looking for you! UMD Dining Services Green Dining is seeking student staff members to assist with the Green Dining Program.The position runs during the academic semester and offers $9.25 per hour. Student staff will work a minimum of 10 hours per week throughout the semester. Student staff members are encouraged to commit two semesters to the Green Dining Program, extending through the Spring semester.Learn more about Green Dining here: http://dining.umd.edu/greendiningGreen Dining Student Staffwill assist with the following projects and assignments:
- Support Green Dining “Leave Small FOODprints” program through research of the carbon (and water) footprint of food offerings
- Research and draft purchasing guidelines for food products based on Dining Services’ Sustainable Food Action Plan and Commitment
- Review Dining Services purchasing records and learn more about where the food served on campus comes from & present findings to the Sustainable Food Committee
- Promote and educate the UMD community about dining sustainability efforts through fliers, logos, brochures and content for Dining Services Green Dining website
- Update and contribute to Green Dining social media including facebook, twitter, and blog
- Support dining and campus sustainability programming, such as Food Day and Earth Day
Applications are due Monday, September 7th at 5 pm. See the full position description and application information here.