Student Employment

Dining Services offers two employment options to students: Federal Work Study, and regular student employment.

  • Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally subsidized program through which graduate and undergraduate students earn an FWS award by working with approved employers. To be considered for FWS, students must meet Office of Student Financial Aid criteria. For more information about FWS, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 301-314-9000.
  • Regular Student Employment — Dining Services offers flexible hours, excellent pay, opportunities for advancement, and a free meal for every four-hour shift! For more information or to apply for Student Employment, call 301-314-8058 or email our student employment coordinator.

Dining Services offers scholarships to outstanding Student Employees:

How to Apply for Employment

  • Go to the dining location where you’d like to work and fill out an application, or
  • Download the fillable pdf: DS Student Application or the: Student Supervisor Manager Application.
  • Email the completed application the manager in charge of the location where you wish to work or (if you are unsure) to

Interested in working for Dining Services, but not sure where?

  • Browse our website to see which location(s) may be the most convenient to where you live
  • Submit your application to our coordinator and we will forward it to locations currently in need of employees.

    Student Employee Manual