Dining Services offers two employment options to students: Federal Work Study, and regular student employment.
- Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally subsidized program through which graduate and undergraduate students earn an FWS award by working with approved employers. To be considered for FWS, students must meet Office of Student Financial Aid criteria. For more information about FWS, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 301-314-9000.
- Regular Student Employment — Dining Services offers flexible hours, excellent pay, opportunities for advancement, and a free meal for every four-hour shift! For more information or to apply for Student Employment, call 301-314-8058 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dining Services offers scholarships to outstanding Student Employees:
- The Patricia S. Higgins Scholarship assists a student employee or a student who is a dependent of a department employee.(application here)
- Our students are eligible for the University of Maryland Division of Student Affairs Student Employee Scholarship.
- The Emma Powers Award rewards the outstanding student employee of the year.
- The Chris Carey Award recognizes a student employee who has demonstrated excellent or exceptional customer service to others in the campus community.
How to Apply for Employment
- Check out DS student job descriptions and find a job that appeals to you.
- Go to the dining location where you’d like to work and fill out an application, or
- Download the pdf: DS Student Application.
- Email the completed application the manager in charge of the location where you wish to work or to email@example.com
Interested in working for Dining Services, but not sure where?
- Browse our website to see which location(s) may be the most convenient to where you live
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward it to locations currently in need of employees.