What is Graduate Express?
Graduate Express is a debit account requested by the Graduate Student Government Association — available only to graduate students.
Load Graduate Express Points on your UM ID card.
Graduate students can pay for goods and services on campus without carrying cash or a second card..
Unlike Terrapin Express, Graduate Express is billed to your Student Account Receivable (SAR Account) in the Bursar’s Office.
How Graduate Express works
- Open an account using Dining Services Online Services and your UMD ID number.
- Points are available immediately. There is no service fee.
- Access points using your UMD ID card. Use points anywhere that accepts Terrapin Express.
- The charge for points will be billed to your SAR Account within two business days.
Graduate Express automatically carries over to each new semester, term, or academic year.
How to open a Graduate Express account
- Go to Graduate Express Online Services to open your account.
- Select level 1 ($250) or level 2 ($500).
- Pay for Graduate Express according to the Bursar’s routine billing schedule.
- Maintain your account using Dining Services’ Online Services
- “Lost Card” will freeze your account until you replace your card.
- “Check Your Balance” will display your current balance and transaction history.
- Increase your Graduate Express balance at any time by adding additional level 1 or level 2 accounts to your card. ($250 or $500 each).
- New account funds will be added to your existing balance.
Check Your Balance
Four ways to check your balance:
- Online at Online Services.
- Online at Testudo.
- Call the Terrapin Express Office at 301-314-8068.
- Ask any cashier for your balance or for a receipt.
Report a Lost Card
Two ways to report a lost or stolen card
- Use Online Services to deactivate your card, or
- Visit us at 1109 South Campus Building, Mezzanine Level.
- We will freeze your purchasing accounts. This does not affect other functions of the card so be sure to disable those separately.
- The University assumes no responsibility for charges to your account prior to your notifying us.
- To get a replacement UMD ID card, go to the Mitchell Building during regular business hours
- Terrapin Express is not accepted anywhere off-campus. Accepted everywhere that accepts Terrapin Express. .
- Not a substitute for a resident dining plan.
- Request a refund or cancellation in person or in writing to the Dining Plan Office.
- Refunds are mailed from the Bursar’s Office to the student’s permanent address.
- Processing time is four weeks.
Still have questions? We have answers!
Dining Plan Office
1109 South Campus Building, Mezzanine Level