- Dining Plans
- Hours & Locations
- On Campus Group Meal Requests
- The Diner Menu
- Prospective Students
- South Campus Dining Hall Menu
- Resident Dining Plans
- Visitor Information
- Dining Plans for Faculty and Staff
- Dining Dollars
- Online Services
- Hours and Locations
- Optional Dining Plans
- Useful Links
Optional Dining Plans
Our mission is to provide you with healthy and popular food in welcoming, comfortable spaces – every day – regardless of whether you live on campus or not!
If you live off campus, ask yourself:
- Am I on campus at meal time and looking for some great food?
- Do I want a convenient, welcoming place to meet up with friends?
- Maybe a comfortable, quiet place to relax or study?
- One where I can find lots of healthy, affordable menu choices?
If your answer is “Yes!” then you’re in luck!
We are pleased to offer you many ways to get great meals on campus:
- Connector Plans provide you with a number of meals each semester.
- Resident Dining gives you access to three dining halls
- Dining Dollars offer UMD ID card convenience at shops, cafes, and dining halls – at a discount!
Sign up at dining.umd.edu/online-services (your purchase will be added to your Student Account) to start enjoying the quality, convenience, and hospitality of Maryland Dining.
Our three optional dining plans offer students who live off campus the flexibility to dine how they want while on campus; extending their connection to their friends and the UMD campus community.
(“I love to cook, but some days I’m busy)
25 meals – $262.50
About one or two meals per week
(“I like to cook, but it can be a hassle)
50 meals – $500
About three to four meals per week
(“I want to get plenty of food in the dining hall – and pick up some Starbucks and a snack near my classes”)
50 meals + 250 Dining Dollars – $725
About three meals per week + flexibility to spend at any Dining Services location
*Connector Plans do not replace the 7-Day Anytime Dining Plan requirement for resident students.
Even if you live off campus, you are welcome to a Resident Dining Plan.
You’re even eligible for a 5-Day Plan!
Don’t want a dining plan but still want a deal? Use Dining Dollars to eat at any Dining Services location: 10 cafes, 6 brand-name quick-service locations, 3 convenience shops, and a restaurant.
Purchase at a discount, save 6% sales tax, spend Dollar for dollar.
Purchase up to two bundles per semester.
250 DD Bundle $237.50
500 DD Bundle $475.00
Gossett Breakfast Plan
This optional dining plan includes an all-you-care-to-eat breakfast buffet Monday through Friday at the Gossett Team House – home of the Terrapin Football Team. $1048 per semester, excludes university holidays.