Graduate Express is a pilot spending plan created by the Graduate SGA and the Department of Dining Services.
Graduate Express is a convenient way for graduate students to pay for goods and services across campus without carrying cash. It is a pre-paid debit account that loads points on your UM ID card to make purchases on campus.
Unlike Terrapin Express, Graduate Express can be billed directly to your Student Account Receivable (SAR) in the Bursar’s Office at any time and is available only to Graduate Students.
You establish your account online and access points using your UM ID card. Once your account is active, points are available immediately. The account will be billed to your student account within two business days. Graduate Express automatically carries over to each new semester, term, or academic year.
• Go to https://dsonline.umd.edu/graduate to setup your account. Have your directory ID and password available.
• Select level 1 ($250) or level 2 ($500). There is no service fee during the pilot period. When you confirm your order, the charge will be sent to your SAR. Graduate Express points are available as soon as you confirm your order.
• Pay for Graduate Express according to the routine campus billing schedule.
• Use these points anywhere that accepts “Terrapin Express”.
• Use Online Services at to maintain your account.
• Increase your Graduate Express balance at any time by adding more level 1 or level 2 accounts to your card. ($250 or $500 each). Use the same procedure you used when you opened your account. The new account balance will be added to your existing balance.
Graduate Express points do not expire. They are available until you separate from the university or request a refund.
Graduate Express Points are not dedicated to Dining Services: they can be spent anywhere that accepts Terrapin Express. Graduate Express points are not available off-campus.
Refunds or cancellation must be requested online. Refunds will be credited to your SAR. The Bursars Office has complete information about requesting a check for an SAR credit.